Closest Fire Departments
|West Central Fire Department||Tomahawk Fire Department|
|2 min (650.0 m) via Spruce Dr. and 52 Ave.||30 min (42.4 km) via AB-16 and AB-759 S|
Free FireSmart Home Assessments
Parkland County is now offering free FireSmart Home Assessments to residents of Parkland County, including the Summer Village of Lakeview, and other Summer Villages.
County residents can get a free FireSmart Home Assessment to learn how to protect their homes from wildfires. Each assessment takes about 30-45 minutes, and it's important that you're there too.
Our FireSmart experts will:
1. Tour the outside of your house and yard for things that increase your risk during a wildfire.
2. Provide a customized report based on what they see with actions on how to reduce the risk of damage by wildfire.
3. Share helpful tips to make your home less susceptible to wildfires.
If you've completed the suggested safety improvements in the report, you can ask for a follow-up assessment.
Visit Parkland County - Free FireSmart Home Assessments for more information!
Fire Smart Canada
Council would like to promote the Fire Smart Program to residents of the Summer Village of Lakeview.
Please take the time to review the Fire Smart Manual and assess your home.
Fire Safety is a big part of our life.
FIRE HAZARD DEFINITIONS
EXTREME Large, erratic-behaving wildfires can start quickly and spread extremely fast. High-intensity, fast-spreading wildfires are very difficult and dangerous to bring under control. NO OUTDOOR BURNING SHOULD TAKE PLACE IN AREAS WITH AN EXTREME FIRE DANGER RATING. Fire restrictions are usually in place.
VERY HIGH Wildfires can start easily, spread rapidly, and increase quickly in intensity. A wildfire that starts in dry grass or slash can develop into a high-intensity wildfire very easily. Outdoor burning is not recommended and fire restrictions may be in effect.
HIGH Wildfires can start easily from most causes and unattended campfires are very likely to escape. Wildfires may become serious and difficult to control if not successfully contained while small. Outdoor burning should be restricted to early morning or late evening.
MODERATE Wildfires can start from most accidental causes and spread moderately through dry brush and grasses. Ground crews should be able to contain a wildfire with minimal support from heavy equipment and aircraft. Wildfires not suppressed immediately can still become expensive to extinguish later.
LOW Wildfires do not readily ignite, unless from a more intense heat source like lightning. Weather and fuel conditions lead to low intensity and relatively easy to control fires. However, caution should always be taken with any type of burning.
Alberta Emergency Alert App
Why is Alberta Emergency Alert important to me?
Alerts received at the right time can help keep you safe during an emergency.
With Alberta Emergency Alert, warnings can be sent to your mobile device when you may be in harm's way.
What is an Alberta Emergency Alert message?
Alberta Emergency Alert is an emergency message sent by authorized government alerting authorities through radio, television, social media and your mobile device.
- What types of alerts will I receive?
Critical Alerts: Provides necessary information when there is an immediate and life threatening danger.
Informational Alerts: Provides less urgent emergency information to the public, preparing them for potentially worsening situations. These alerts should be used to protect and prepare the public, their property, their animals and/or the environment from the impacts of a potential emergency.
Test Alerts: System testing in progress
Emergency Alert Alberta App
and Emergency Response Vehicles / Village Suppliers
We have been receiving several inquiries at the office regarding the operation of the Betula Beach Gate, especially for emergency vehicles and suppliers. The following is an explanation of the process for each.
In the case of emergency vehicles entering the Summer Village, they will automatically have access to the gate operation, there will be no need for assistance from residents.
For our service suppliers (water, sewage, gas, power) they will also have permission/codes granted via the Administration Office. Any contractors that residents have coming to their property will have to allow them individual access as per the following:
- When a guest or contractor arrives, they can look for your address in the call box located outside of the gate. The phone system will ring three (3) times in a sequence of the numbers given until all three (3) numbers have been called.
- Incoming calls to your respective phones, will all display “+1 (780) 640-1053”. It is recommended to store this number in your Contacts under Lakeview Gate. You cannot phone the system back as it is a one-way call from the panel.
- Once the call is answered, you will have thirty (30) seconds to confirm the identity and/or purpose of the caller. If accepted, press the number one (1) on your phone keypad which will automatically activate the gate to open. This will enable the visitor access and will not close until the vehicle has passed through the gate.
For general construction activities, the resident may get a loaner fob for a damage deposit of $100 available at the administration office. Please allow four working days upon request to receive this fob.
In the event of a power outage, the gate is set to automatically open and stay open until power is restored.
Council and Village Administration